American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is one of the largest forest
consulting and real estate brokerage firms in the United States.
AFM currently manages over 4.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and
has sold over $1 billion in real estate in 1,384 transactions since 2005. With
250 employees operating from 44 offices located in 15 states, AFM’s team of
professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range
of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide
individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate
teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
- Forest and Land Management - Provides services including forest management plans, timber sales, records maintenance, reforestation, wildlife management and recreation services.
- AFM Land Sales - Provides brokerage services including broker's opinion of value, highest and best use analysis, and marketing.
- Appraisals - Provides timber and land appraisals, sales and acquisition support, financial analyses, feasibility studies and audits. Certified appraisal services are provided for properties of all sizes.
- Technical and Data Services - Provides forest data and information management through
CypressTM, GIS mapping, supports activities such as environmental site assessments,
forest management planning, forest inventory design and analysis, growth and yield modeling,
harvest scheduling and cash projections.
- Environmental Services - Provides environmental consulting and auditing to supply clients with environmental management systems and forestry related environmental services and information to meet a growing demand for certified forest products.
- Wildlife Management - Provides a variety of wildlife services including habitat management recommendations for game (deer, turkey, quail, waterfowl or small game) or non-game species. Management plans can include recommendations on deer herd management assistance, food plot development and maintenance, and vegetation management to enhance available food supplies, manage cover and improve access.
- Wood Flow - Provides services associated with Wood Supply Agreements including delivered wood systems, log sales and pricing, market analysis and log yard management.
- Support Services
- I.T. - Provides network and information technology services.
- Accounting - Provides customized services including monthly financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, general ledger, check register, bank reconciliation and customized reports for a variety of clients on various software systems.
American Forest Management Acquires International Forestry Consultants
INFO, a forestry consulting firm headquarted in Kirkland, WA, offers a comprehensive range of professional forestry, mapping and arboricultural services and assists clients concerned with the management, acquisition and protection of forest resources. This acquisition will combine
the knowledge and expertise of two of the leaders in the field of forest management consulting, providing management on over 4.7 million acres throughout the US. AFM will have a staff of 250 professionals operating from 44 offices in 15 states.
AFM Land Sales Celebrates the $1 Billion Dollar Mark in Total Transactions
Since 2005, AFM Land Sales has marketed more than $1,015,963,115 in farms, timberland, development, recreational and HBU properties in 1,384 individual transactions totaling 605,301 acres. Congratulations to the AFMLS sales agents and staff for this great accomplishment!
The Shaw Method
David Anderton wrote:
"The Shaw Factor", an article published in the 2011 Edition of the Association of Consulting Foresters magazine,
The Consultant. David describes how Bo Shaw succeeded in the consulting profession while building a business.
Click here to read the article.
Harvest Scheduling as a Timber Appraisal Tool
Chris Singleton, AFM Appraiser, and Thomas J. Straka, authored an article in the June 4, 2010, edition of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers newsletter discussing the use of harvest scheduling as an appraisal tool.
Click here to read the article.
AFM Joins NCSU TIP
AFM is pleased to announce its membership in the Cooperative Tree Improvement Program at North Carolina State University (NCSU TIP). Membership will allow AFM foresters to select loblolly pine planting stock with the best available genetics to meet the production and financial
goals of each our clients. AFM foresters will have access to the most comprehensive databases and analysis of loblolly pine genetics developed from over 50 years of research and field testing.
This is one more step in AFM's commitment to provide our clients superior service with the best science in managing their timber investments.
AFM is a Remsoft Consulting Partner
Remsoft Consulting Partner program is available to only the most skilled and
well respected firms that offer a range of services and competencies around
Remsoft products. The program gives consultants access to exclusive
training, business and technical resources that will add value to the services
they deliver. The addition of the partners program also means that Remsoft
clients can be confident in choosing a consultant who is highly experienced and
can offer a superior level of service.
This new program provides the foundation for
Remsoft Consulting Partners to attract, enable and support key clients who
understand the importance of using the best technology and people available to
address a myriad of complex planning issues in a transparent and defendable