AFM’s Appraisal Services Group provides the highest level of professionalism and integrity in every appraisal activity. Our appraisals utilize consistently accepted approaches and conform to all professional requirements. Our personnel are educated and trained to provide an accurate analysis of land and improvements to establish the valuation. Unlike other appraisal firms, AFM specializes in timberland and related investment properties. We are able to integrate the fields of appraisal theory and forestry and combine that with knowledge of environmental issues and market behavior to provide the best assessment of the client’s property.
The AFM Difference
Unlike other companies with fewer resources, AFM is able to better understand the true value of a particular asset. Working with other AFM Operating Groups, Appraisal Services can obtain:
- Up-to-date region specific growth and yield modeling
- Current timber sale data
- Comparable land sale records
- Property rights information including:
- Conservation easements
- Mineral rights
- Timber deeds
- Large-scale, intensive, stand-level forest inventories
AFM’s staff includes:
- State Certified General Appraisers
- Two MAI Appraisers and One ARA Appraiser
- Forestry professionals knowledgeable in key components of land valuation
- An experienced administrative staff which devotes full attention to appraisal work
In the past several years, AFM has appraised billions of dollars of forestland and rural properties for the following groups or individuals:
- Timberland Investment Management Organizations (TIMOs)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Non-Industrial Private Forestlandowners (NIPFs)
- Forest Products Industry
- Federal and State Government Agencies
- Various Local and City Agencies
- Conservation Groups
- Financial Institutions
- All AFM appraisals are free of outside influence.
- We have no vested interest in the properties we appraise.
- All services are performed in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraiser Practice (USPAP).
- USPAP is published bi-annually by the Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation and is recognized by State Appraisal Licensing Agencies, banks, and federal, state and local organizations. We utilize those approaches to value appropriate to the subject property and the appraisal assignment.
- If requested, appraisals can be performed in compliance with the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions.